Before booking your Driving test you will need
- A valid provisional driving licence number
- Credit or debit card details
- A theory test pass date and certificate number
Your driving instructor is the best person to advise on whether you are ready for the practical driving test.
You can book your Driving test
- Online between 6.00am and Midnight. Monday to Sunday.
- By phone.Tel: 0300 200 1122. - 8.00am to 4.00pm. Mon to Fri.
- By postal application
(use direct gov official booking service link below, other booking service providers may charge)
Your Driving Test will consist of
- Meeting the eyesight requirement
- Answering 2 questions (2 vehicle safety questions, known as the show me tell me questions)
- A manoeuvre
- Possibly the emergency stop
- Independent driving, a series of instructions given by the examiner.
The Practical Driving test fee is
If you fail to pass your practical driving test you will have to wait 10 clear working days before you can retake it.